Subscribe to learn about upcoming talks and events.
In the Midst of Rapid Fire Change & Practicing Social-Distancing: Resilience, Coping, and Parenting Strategies for Everyone
How are you doing with the quick and ever changing daily stream of information? Are you coping while making big decisions as well as figuring out the day-to-day details for you and your family? Feeling overwhelmed, anxious and unsure who to manage your emotions as well as your children?
If you’re like most people, daily life right now feels somewhat uncertain and worrisome as the news of Covid-19, or Coronavirus, changes and impacts life. We’re here to help. This expert panel will answer some of your questions and discuss how to:
- Cope with uncertainty and anxiety
- Continue living a purposeful and meaningful life
- Practice proactive resilience to counter potential feelings of sadness, depression, and helpless
- Balance “being on vacation” and maintaining structure/ and consistency in parenting
- Maintain social contact and strengthen relationships with the people you’re living with (even is small spaces!
- Anne Marie Albano PhD, ABPP is Professor of Medical Psychology in Psychiatry and Founder of the Columbia University Clinic for Anxiety in New York. Sound advice for parenting children with anxiety can be found in her book “You and Your Anxious Child” and in her soon-to-be released TEDMED talk.
- Jonathan Kaplan PhD serves as the Founding Director of the SoHo CBT + Mindfulness Center and author of Urban Mindfulness: Cultivating Peace, Presence, and Purpose In the Middle of It All.
- Dean McKay PhD ABPP: Dean McKay, PhD Professor of Psychology at Fordham University, and Past President of the Association for Behavioral and Cognitive Therapies, and the Society for a Science of Clinical Psychology
- Rebecca Sachs, PhD ABPP, is a clinical psychologist specializing in Autism spectrum, OCD and severe anxiety. She brings warmth, sensitivity, and a strong sense of humor while working with individuals of all ages, including parenting work.
- Hosted and moderated by Elliot Kaminetzky, PhD, Licensed psychologist and founder of myocdcare.com
Check out our other talks and articles.
Hope you'll join us! Wikipedia Entry: John Abramowitz is an American clinical psychologist and Professor in the Department of Psychology and Neuroscience at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (UNC-CH). He is an authority...
Join our monthly webinar with Avital Falk, Ph.D., Director of the Weill Cornell Pediatric OCD, Anxiety, and Tic Disorders Program (POCAT), an expert in evidence-based interventions for children and adolescents suffering from OCD, anxiety, and mood disorders. She is an...
Dr. Rebecca Sachs, Ph.D. ABPP is a world renown expert in the field of CBT for individuals on the autism spectrum. Learn more about her at cbtspectrum.com. She will be discussing the treatment of OCD in individuals with ASD and will be answering audience questions.
Is your kid getting a little too big to sleep in your bed at night? You've tried talking to him, bribing her, and nothing seems to work. Try this simple trick by Dr. Eli Lebowitz, founder of SPACE (spacetreatment.net) Supportive Parenting for Anxious Childhood...
It was a great speaking with Dr. Eli Lebowitz about SPACE Below are some books by him describing the treatment. For more information and training workshops go to spacetreatment.net If your child is experiencing anxiety, feel free to contact Dr. Kaminetzky...
Please make sure to register at myocdcare.com/learn Return this page at 7PM